A Wedding Day Memory Preservation and Wish Box

When Mr. AK and I got married, I put a lot of thought into preserving the memories of our most important day.

AK Wedding

For those of you who are getting married, or know someone who will one day be getting married; let me share with you how I saved the memory of my wedding day to enjoy yearly on my anniversary.

It is so simple. 

IMG_4461

I had this box. 

{Mr. AK’s friend owns the winery; however you could probably buy a champagne in a box, or find any similar storage method (you’ll see what I mean)…}

Prior to the wedding, I used some of our stationary to type up 1/2 sheets of paper that had three things printed on them (in letter format).

  1. Wedding Date
  2. Dear (our names),
  3. My wedding wish for you is…

I then took the box, a bottle of our wedding champagne, the 1/2 sheets of paper and placed them on the sign in table along with a sign encouraging our guest to complete a wish and place it in the box.

On the day of the wedding, as I was getting dressed, I took some time alone to sit and write a note to Mr. AK describing what was going on in my head and heart at that time. 

IMG_4468-001I made sure to explain where I was and how much time until we arrived at the alter together.  Since our wedding was a beach wedding we had sent message in a bottle invitations to our guests; so I thought it appropriate to write my message in a bottle.  I put it in this adorable little gift box and gave it to him.

After the wedding, I had the box with notes, message in a bottle, and the bottle of champagne nailed shut. 

IMG_4468On our Anniversary every year, we open the box, chill the champagne and then sit down together with our wedding glasses filled and read the messages from our friends, family and each other.  It is a lovely way to reminisce our wedding day.  

IMG_4464We don’t stop there, though.  We take a few moments to write each other a private note, scribe the year on the opened cork, and put everything with a new bottle of champagne back into the box for the next year.

{I am thinking of making a beautiful piece of art for our 25th Wedding Anniversary with all of the yearly corks.}

My favorite part is reading Mr. AK’s yearly notes.  It is a beautiful thing to have our very own time capsule.

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

6 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Anonymous said...

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it is
time to be happy. I have read this post and if I
could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips.
Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.

I want to read even more things about it!

My weblog ... fha refinance bad credit

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and
I'm impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

My weblog :: all inclusive adult resorts

Anonymous said...

Hello, this weekend is pleasant in support of me, for the reason that this
occasion i am reading this enormous informative piece of writing here at my house.


Also visit my homepage ... http://www.perspektiventage.de/index.php?title=Pursuing_Better_On_Line_Marketing_And_Advertising_Final_Results_-_Suggestions_You_Need

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
Thanks!

Feel free to visit my website www.Helpyourselfcommunity.Org

Anonymous said...

It's remarkable to visit this web site and reading the views of all colleagues regarding this article, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.

Here is my website :: Learn more

anna said...

have a great posting 25th wedding anniversary wishes messages

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...