Homemade Orange Julius – An American Recipe

When I was a kid, I used to beg my mother for an Orange Julius from the shop located in our local shopping mall.  To me it was the best thing since Santa Claus!

oj_branding

But alas!  Our Orange Julius shop shut down and I had to go without. 

I was of the impression that all of the Orange Julius shops shut down back in the early 90’s, but if you click on the logo above; you will notice they are still running strong.  You can even enter your zip code and find one near you (if there is one).

Since there isn’t one near me, I made up my own personal blend that is very similar.

SL377868

Here are the ingredients you’ll need.

SL377864

It is a very easy recipe to follow.  Just remember to bring an appetite.  It is yum-delicious!

    • 1 2/3 cup orange juice
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1/2 tsp vanilla
    • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 1/2 cup ice

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Makes 8 1/2 cup servings.

Now that you have my recipe; let me give you a few hints. 

First, you might notice in the photo I have “icing mixture”; this is the same as powdered sugar.

Second, the stronger the flavor of your orange juice, the better the results.  You might even want to squeeze your own.  I used the “generic” store brand because that is what I had on hand, it was a bit weak. 

Third, I used a whole tray of ice cubes.  My ice cubes are quite small.  Just add more until you get the consistency you like.

And last, serve right away.  This drink will separate.

SL377867

It is very yummy.  Childhood delights always are.  Don’t ya think?

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

2 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity to your publish
is simply excellent and i can think you are a professional
on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with drawing close post.
Thank you 1,000,000 and please carry on the enjoyable work.
Here is my weblog ... kfc coleslaw recipe horseradish

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim
Icing sugar mixture is NOT powdered sugar.
It is icing sugar plus corn flour (made from wheat).
What you want is ‘Pure’ Icing Sugar.
Terri
exPat.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...