Speedy Chili - An American Recipe

Last night I made chili for dinner. 
clip_image002
You might think that isn’t all that special; but here (in Australia) it is.  Chili is not easy to come by.  My husband is never really quite sure what I mean when I say “I’m going to make chili for dinner tonight.”  I find it is best just to make it and see what he thinks.
Speedy Chili
  • 1 pound (1/2 kilo) mince beef (ground beef in America)
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 can tomato sauce (I use pasta sauce with roast garlic and onion)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 3 TBL chili powder
  • 1 cup water
Brown first 3 ingredients.  Drain (for lower fat version, rinse with warm water and return to pot).  Add remaining ingredients; cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve.
This recipe makes about 4 servings.  I like to serve this chili over hot dogs (to make the famous American Chili Cheese Dog), in bread bowls, on top of baked potatoes; and - if you can get your hands on a bag of Frito corn chips - you could make a lovely Frito pie.
Chili doesn’t get any easier than this!
Mr. AK loved it. 
How do you eat your chili?
Yes, I know….with a spoon.  hehehehe
Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...