Betsy Ross Wood Americana Flag

In honor of the 4th of July, I decided to make an Americana style flag.

In keeping with my quirky style sense; I realized that a regular American flag just wouldn’t do.  I chose to go with the original 4th of July style!

Betsy Ross style.

SL377507

I used 5 wooden fence posts. I painted 7 red stripes (actually more of a burgundy color to make them looked aged) to represent the blood shed to secure our freedom.  The 6 white stripes (more of a cream  – aged look) represent the courage of our nation. 

Together the 13 stripes represent the original 13 colonies of America.

Stars

There are 13 stars that represent stars in the sky over each original colony (or some might say “Haven” looking over each of the colonies).

The stars are placed in a circle representing unity.

They are set on field of blue to represent justice and the freedom won.

As America grew from 13 colonies to the current 50 states, the stars were added to create the flag we now have.

I do love to remember the original version, Betsy Ross’s creation.

SL377519

It reminds me how far our country has come and exactly what we are celebrating on the 4th of July.

Our freedom; our independence…. earned through the courage and blood shed of the original 13 colonies.

I am so grateful for the sacrifices of those who fight for our freedom and I will keep them in my heart and mind this 4th of July!

I love my Americana Betsy Ross Flag.

{For the historians out there; I realize that the meanings I stated are one version of many.  These are the ones that mean the most to me.}

Cheers!

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...