Pink Lemonade - An American Recipe

It’s hot here.  I mean; really hot.  Sweltering, actually.  Today, I needed a nice cold glass of fresh lemonade.  Do you ever have that craving?  I do.  Every summer. 
Refreshing Pink Lemonade
I love the flavor of lemonade.  It takes me back.  Back to a time when life was simpler.  My grandmother taught me how to make pink lemonade and I thought I had just discovered the wheel.   It was the coolest thing I had ever seen!  I then learned that I could make money by erecting a lemonade stand and sharing my beautiful concoction with all people passing by.   I had so much fun on those long summer days of my youth.
Every summer since, those memories bombard me and I crave that refreshing taste.  My go to recipe is so simple that I thought I would share it with you today.
Ingredients
  • 3/4 to 1 cup lemon juice (depending on your taste)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 6 cups water
Being the lazy busy person that I am, I use store bought lemon juice.  You might want to squeeze your own.  Either way, mix 3/4 cup of juice with the remaining ingredients.  Taste it and add more juice if needed. 
To make your lemonade pink, add a few drops of food coloring and stir.
Red Food Coloring
This is great at a girl’s birthday party, wedding or baby shower.  Kids will also love to watch the color change.
Lemonade and Hydrengeas
The food coloring does not change the flavor, though.  You can garnish your lemonade with slices of fresh lemons, or a sprig of mint.
Now, how easy was that?!?
The only thing left to do is design a lemonade stand. 
Lemonade stand1
Wouldn’t that be fun?

Enjoy,
Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Shelly @A Creative Space said...

I thought the pink was going to be grenadine! My neighbor in our old neighborhood in California, taught me to use baker's sugar (finer grains) and to dissolve it in a small amount of warm water first, then add it to the cold. I can't remember if I have tried it though! :) My hubby & son just got back from Australia & New Zealand on a university touring trip. 2 in Sydney & 1 in Melbourne, popping over to NZ for 2 days -boy were they tired when they got back! He is absolutely sold on Australia. Not ever interested in applying to colleges here! But, of course, he will do so anyway. :) Now you have me wishing for spring...

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...