Santa’s Boots Hand Towel

Merry Christmas and a Ho, Ho, Ho!  Today I made this adorable “Santa’s Boots” hand towel.  I got the idea from the Witches Feet Hand Towel I made this past Halloween.  It turned out so cute, I had to give it a try with Santa’s feet.

Santa's Boot Hand towel

Here are the supplies I gathered:

  • 1 red towel
  • black fabric for boots, belt and belt buckle
  • yellow fabric for belt buckle
  • white fabric for coat trim
  • red fabric for pants

It was very easy to put together and took less than an hour.   I drew and cut out this boot template on a piece of paper.  Then to make the towel this is what I did:

Santa's Boots Template Separate the legs from the boots. 

Santa's Boot Template Cut 

Cut two of the “Santa’s boots” out of the black material.  Separate them and set aside.

IMG_1805

Next cut two of the “Santa’s legs” out of the red material.  Place these “leg” sections right sides facing on top of the “boot” sections and sew a straight stitch across the top.  {You will end up with two matching boots sections with leg sections sewn on top of them}

Sew legs to Boots Lay these two matching pieces right sides together and sew a 1/4” seam around them leaving the top of the legs open.

Sew two boot sets together

Snip around the seams.  You want to make sure that you snip as close to the seam as possible, without cutting it, in the corner – as shown in the photo below.

Santa Boots - seams snipped

Turn the leg/boot right side out and sew a seam down the middle.  Set this aside.  It will be added to the towel later.

Sew middle seam down boots

To make the belt, cut a piece of black material 3 inches wide x the width of the towel + 1 inch.  Fold both of the long sides of the belt in to meet at the middle and press. 

Make Santa's Belt

Place the belt about 1/3 up from the bottom of the towel, leaving 1/2” of the edge of the belt on both sides folded around to the back of the towel.  Sew along the edge of the belt making sure that the 1/2” edges are secured on the back of the towel.

Sew Santa's Belt to towel

For the buckle, cut a 2” x 4” piece of yellow fabric.  Place a square piece of black fabric in the middle of half of the yellow fabric (as shown in the picture below).  Sew the black square in place.  Now fold the yellow piece of fabric in half with the 2” sides meeting, securing the black square on the inside.  Sew three sides of the yellow fabric then turn right side out.

Santa's Buckle

Sew the buckle in place on top of the belt, folding under the un-sewn edge and topstitching over it.

Sew the top edge of the white fabric to the bottom edge of the towel.  The width will be determined by your preference – I used a 2” wide piece of fabric. 

  Sew Santa's Trim

Place “Santa’s boots” section on the bottom edge of the towel under the white fabric.  {Make sure to center the legs on the middle of the towel.}  Fold the white fabric on top, encasing the “legs” between the towel and the white trim.  Sew the bottom edge of the white trim.

Sew Santa's Boots to towel

Your towel should look like this now.

IMG_1839

Cute, huh?

I placed this one in my guest bathroom.  I am thinking I might have to make a couple more as gifts.  They are adorable and I can think of a few people who might really enjoy them.

Santa's Boots Hand towel

D you have any teachers, neighbors, friends or family on your Christmas list that would love a cute hand towel?

It doesn’t take long and best of all; it’s inexpensive and homemade!

Merry Christmas!Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

 

 

I will be joining Centsational Girl’s Holiday Craft Linky Party.

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

this is so adorable! I love it!! Thanks for visiting my blog :-). Merry Christmas!

Alisha said...

Kimberly, SO FREAKING CUTE! Love it. You should enter this adorable Santa towel in my company's contest when you get the chance: http://www.pennysaverusa.com/contest/103/details/

Nice job!

Anonymous said...

I love this. Must have one!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...