Jell-O or Jelly Jigglers Recipe in Australia

Okay, let me say right away that this recipe is for my “non-American” readers.  I figure if you live in the US of A; you already know how to make Jell-O Jigglers.

Jello Jigglers

Next, I want to say that Australians refer to Jell-O as Jelly.  In Australia, Jell-O and Jelly are the same thing.  In America, they are not. {Kinda like; all thumbs are fingers but not all fingers are thumbs}. 

Sorry about that last bit…Just couldn’t resist.  Back to the Jelly Jigglers.

Ice Cube Tray

I found some cute little Christmas molds at K-Mart for $2.00. Score!

I immediately disregarded the “Ice Cube Tray” part and saw that they were silicone and the perfect size for Mini-me’s tiny little mouth.

Spray MoldThis is the Snowman version.  I also have the Santa one.  Too Cute!

First step was, of course, to wash them.  Then I gave them a good spray with oil.

Jello

For Christmas I used a red colored Jelly.  Green is also great.  But any flavor will do.

To make the Jigglers:

Mix one 85g (same as 3 oz) box of Jelly with a little less than 3/4 cup of boiling water.**

Stir until dissolved.  Pour into mold or in a pan and set in refrigerator for 3 hours.  Once set, unmold or use cookie cutters or a knife to cut into shape of your desire.

Enjoy!

**To make 24 servings: Add 2 1/2 cups boiling water to 4 packages of gelatin mix.  Pour into a 13x9” pan. Cut in 1” squares.

Fill Tray

Here is what my snowmen looked like in the mold. 

Jello Jigglers When I pressed them out of the mold, they landed on the plate like this.  Can you see the details?  They are adorable. 

The recipe above is very versatile.  Use your imagination as you look for molds, cookie cutters, or make your own shapes.  It is so much fun.  You can decorate cakes, cookies, cupcakes, etc. We have even used number and letter cookie cutters to make messages on a platter for a party.

The sky is the limit!

I hope you enjoy this recipe.

Please send me some photos of your creations.  I would love to see what you make. 

Cheers!

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...