Cornbread Dressing or Stuffing in Australia

Yes, you can make Cornbread Dressing or stuffing for your holiday meals easier than you think – in Australia or anywhere else.

This year for Thanksgiving I made it for my guests and at Christmas it will be a wonderful side for the turkey again. 

FOCODR01 Image courtesy of: my recipes.com

I was surprised to learn that no one at my table had ever had cornbread dressing and a huge conversation began about whether it was stuffing or dressing.  I found myself explaining that if it was in the turkey it would be stuffing; if on the side it is dressing.

I have no pictures (it went really fast) but here is the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Ingredients:

    • 1 cornbread recipe (posted here in Australian and American versions)
    • 3 stalks of celery
    • 1 medium onion
    • 1/3 cup butter, melted
    • 1 cup bread crumbs
    • 6 slices of bread, crumbled
    • 2 cups chicken broth
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1/4 tsp pepper
    • spices to flavor (we used, chili flakes, Italian seasoning, mixed herbs, and parsley – sage is also nice)

While the cornbread is baking place celery and onion in a mini food processor for a few seconds or until small pieces.  Add to a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and cook until tender.

When cornbread is cool enough to handle, crumble in a large bowl.  Add all ingredients and stir until well blended. 

Grease a 13x9x2 inch.  Add dressing and bake at 160°C (350°F) for 25 minutes.

Happy Eating!

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...