Candy Themed Christmas

Happy Friday, All!  I can’t believe how fast this week has flown.  Heck, for that matter, I can’t believe how fast this year has flown!  Seriously, are the years going by faster, or is it just me?

I have been trying to get a great photo of my Christmas tree(s) this week. 

IMG_1861

Yup!  Pretty much impossible to get a good photo. I know my star is crooked.  I’ve decided not to sweat the small stuff…much. 

Let me tell you why the star might be crooked.  Don’t laugh, it’s true:

Santa, I can Explain-9

This adorable, cute, little guy gave me a run for my money last Christmas (that’s why I made this t-shirt for him).  He’s not so little anymore and “the run for my money” has only increased with his size and age.  As a matter of fact, as I am typing this post, he is literally pulling ornaments off the tree –a moment ago his foot was spinning the middle section of the tree around – yes, apparently you can spin the middle section of the tree around while the lights and ornaments are on it.

To help with this issue, I had the fantastic idea of putting a tree in his room.

IMG_1848

Nothing breakable here.  When he gets a little too excited “helping” with the other trees, I remind him that he still needs to work on his. 

Since I really want Christmas to be special for him (he’s just old enough to be really excited); I decided to decorate with a “candy theme” this year.  That might be the reason for his abnormal obsession with the Christmas tree, however I seriously doubt it.

IMG_1852

I used everything I could find in “candy”, “red”, “white” and my all time favorite “bling-y”.  

IMG_1861

The “Santa suit” skirt was made using the same technique as last year’s blue tree skirt.  I love the bright candy red!

IMG_1744

You might remember these Candy Cane Hearts from Valentine’s Day.  They fit in perfect with the “candy theme”. 

I also topped the tree with my silver Christmas Bows.

IMG_1861

The star might be crooked, but the bows are perfect!

How is your Christmas tree going this year?

Perhaps I’ll see you at the Christmas Tree Linky Party:

image

Merry Christmas!

Kimberly_Signature.png[2]

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Beth F. said...

I like your tree too! The big "candy" ornaments look really great! And don't worry if your star is crooked, I think my whole tree is a little crooked. :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...