“Big Boy Room” Decorating Updates

As I explained in yesterday’s post, Hello Again...Why Have I Been Gone?, I haven’t been writing lately.  This, of course, does not mean I haven’t been very busy with DIY projects.

Here are the projects I have recently done to update Mini-Me’s room.  All of them are recycled, reused, or just made from scraps of project materials I had lying around.

Wall Art

Do you remember these?  They were from one of my very first posts; Children's Wall Letters.  I used the leftover scrapbooking paper to cover a few die-cuts I had in a craft box.  I then tied them from a loop taken from a broken lamp shade and

Wha Lah!

Car Mobile

A new mobile. 

Every night mini-me points to his mobile and says “Tank you Mommy. Vewy pwetty". (Sorry for the spelling, but I thought you should have the full effect of his words.)

Then he decided he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween and I couldn’t help but encourage his enthusiasm.

Buzz Floor Cushion

I had this piece of Buzz fabric lying in a pile with the title “What should I do with these?”.  The green in Buzz’s suit matched some shag chenille that was leftover from a project three years ago.  After a few seams; I had the perfect floor cushion for mini-me’s room! [BTW:  the insert is an old standard bed pillow with a little extra filler around it.]

Next with the left over chenille I made a coordinating “big boy” blanket.

Car Throw That’s the blanket on top of the back side of the floor cushion. 

I decided to use a complimentary fabric for the other side of the blanket because it was a little more flexible for years to come.  I don’t suppose Mini-Me will always want Buzz Lightyear, but he will always love cars!

Since I had tons of this racing fabric and the Gold Coast 600 Race was right around the corner; the only thing to do was a line of bunting for Mini-Me’s room.

Car Bunting He loved the bunting and adored visiting the races!  It was great. 

The last project I have recently finished in his room was made from recycling these Time Zone Clocks.  I no longer have room for them, but I couldn’t throw them away.  Instead, I took apart the clocks.

timezone clocks

Then I painted the clear face cover and hung them on mini-me’s wall.

Recycled Clock

They add another shape, texture and more color to his room.  He loves them. 

Everything looks great and Mini-Me is so happy to spend time playing in his updated “Big Boy Room”!

Mom is so happy that none of the projects cost any money and they actually found a home for some items that have just been taking up closet space!

Have you recycled lately?  They say it’s the “in thing to do”; I’d agree!

 

Kimberly Signature

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Owatrol Additives said...

With so many ideas, themes and accessories available, deciding how to decorate your baby boy's room can be challenging. When planning the nursery décor, choose basics such as paint color and furniture that will transition easily into the toddler years. I love your choices because they are basic.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...