2011 Home Goals – Make My House a Home

G’day from down under.  Today I happened upon the Nesting Place’s 2011 Home Goals (link party) and I wanted to join.  Last week I shared my New Year’s Resolutions 2011 with you, but the home goals are quite different. 
While I am well on my way to accomplishing (or at least starting) my New Year’s Resolutions; I have not even begun my home goals.  Perhaps putting them on paper posting them online will encourage me to stop procrastinating.  Let’s get started….
#1.  Master Bedroom Makeover
I am currently typing to you from here.
Desk
My entire bedroom needs a makeover, in a bad way.  I have been doing a lot of research and have a few inspirational rooms to help me along the way.   One of those inspirations was behind the idea to place this desk next to my bed.  It is now a bedside table and (most importantly) a much needed quite space to type, write or just think.  I plan on beginning the master bedroom project with a makeover to the desk.
#2.  Craft/Guest Room Creation
I have been trying out a lot of different crafting spots and decided a few weeks ago that the guest room was going to have to share.  I need a space that mini-me does not invade.
 Side Table
This little table is the beginning of my creation.  It is not only a bedside stand, but it is also great storage for all of my bits and pieces.  If you follow me on twitter, you will see a photo of my inspiration for this piece.  I saw the exact stand in the Myer department store.  Oh, and by the way, the lamp will be undergoing some changes too…
While mentioning the Craft/Guest room, I must remind you of Cinderella's Slipper Chair
  Slipper Chair
She is not forgotten.  I have already finished the un-upholstery of this little beauty.  Now, I am waiting to find the perfect fabric.  I had envisioned something with a light background and large dark flower print.  I have looked high and low; but nothing is screaming to me yet.  Any suggestions?
#3.  Mini- Me’s Bedroom 
I spent many years on Master-me and Middle-me’s rooms.  They have had handmade curtains, artwork, bedding, all of the extras; but nothing has been accomplished in Mini-me’s room.  The curse of being the youngest?
  Anthony's Chair
We adore his chair – ohhhh sooo comfortable.  It needs an update along with the rest of his room.  Since he is only a toddler I’m not sure yet if his interests are more toward trains, sport, bugs, or cars.  You know how toddlers are.  We’ll figure it out (and the decoration theme) as we go.
No – it won’t be bugs.  Eeeewwww!
#4.  The Landing
Landing
I know – a lot of upholstery projects in the making!  This is the landing above the staircase.  It looks straight into the boys’ bathroom.  Sometimes, I sit here and read while mini-me plays in the tub (away from the splashing water).  I love this area of the house, but like everything else…update, update, update.
You remember the table?  It was my “blogger test”.  I am still very pleased with the end result, but it is time to move on.  I bought the fabric for the chairs last week.  They will be redone, a new table and hopefully before the end of 2011; a new “spot” to sit and read.
I think for now I will concentrate on these projects.  Focus, keep on track and all of that good stuff…
Or maybe not.
This spot is awfully bare since the Christmas decorations got put away.
DVD Cabinet
I moved the original decorations to other places around the home when I put up my Christmas wreath and nativity scene.  I figure now's a good time to re-decorate the spot.  I’ve been trying a lot of different things as I walk by.  Nothing works yet.  What are your thoughts?

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So many projects! I guess I need to list mine to make me get busy on them! Right now I'm doing the organization thing. It is taking a long time since I am so slow and there is so much junk!

Patti's Artful Design said...

You remind me of me, Kimberly! So many projects...so little time! I am always dreaming up new ways to update the pieces that I already have in my home.

Thank you for stopping by and saying, "hi"! Have a great week:)!

Anonymous said...

" welcome :)
www.al-islam.com
http://www.tvquran.com
www.islam-guide.com
www.islamhouse.com
www.islamtomorrow.com

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...