New Year’s Resolutions 2011

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! While we are still relishing in the Christmas lights, decorations and left over delicacies; I have been contemplating my New Year’s Resolutions.

I have always encouraged my children (by example) to consider making it a priority to learn something new every year.  Life, in my humble opinion, is meant to be spent living.  The best way to do this is to experience as much of it as you can. I find that learning new skills helps a person experience more of “life”.

That being said my first New Year’s Resolution is to learn to Twitter.  Okay, don’t laugh.  I have been trying desperately to make heads or tails of this twitter business and it is foreign to me.  I will figure it out in 2011.  Join me on my quest.  If you can, help me with your expertise.  All advice is welcome.

My second New Year’s Resolution is to become a more organized person.  I will be blogging a lot about this in the upcoming year.  As you all know, I have migrated from America to Australia, had a baby and recently moved houses.  Talk about disorganized!  Look it up in the dictionary and you will find my picture.

Kimberly.1

[dis-awr-guh-nahyzd] –adjective. 1. functioning without adequate order, systemization, or planning; uncoordinated

In order to help with my organizational skills, my final resolution is to restock my tools.  Power in Australia is not the same in America.  I have found myself severely lacking in the tool department when it comes to my DIY projects as most of my power tools could not travel with me.

Sheet Sander

My first power tool of the year is a sheet sander.  I found it at a boxing day sale!  Whoop! Whoop!  Stay tuned as the projects for it’s intended use pop up.

What are your New Year’s Resolutions.  Will you be learning any new skills this coming year?

Tomorrow, I have a very special treat for everyone.  A good friend of mine, Tammy Edwards of Eleven Twenty-two Designs will be making an appearance. 

Tammy Obar

Not only is Tammy beautiful, but she is extremely talented.  Her inspirational designs are one of a kind and I can’t wait to share what she has to say!

 

Kimberly

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Ava said...

I don't quite fully understand twitter either lol

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

OK promise when you figure twitter out you will let me know. Happy New Year!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I don't make 'resolutions' but I do set goals...same thing...lol, I just like the sound of that better. My number one goal is to get organized this year.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...