Christmas Inspiration from Mt. Tamborine

Don’t you just love the name?  “Mount Tamborine” 
We often make the short drive up the mountain to visit the little town.
Mt. Tamborine
This is called the Gallery Walk.  It’s a gorgeous little piece of Earth where a person can go and forget the rest of the world while they meander through lovely little curiosity shops and dine in beautiful cafes.
SL375573
Around every corner there is a surprise.  See the mini pond with the crocodile?  What is Australia without a crocodile?  Fortunately, this one is stone. :)
 SL375575
How adorable is this little shopping center?  There are two shops side by side and every time I visit; I stop here.
 
  They have the most beautiful displays.
 SL375576
Christmas displays are the best, don’t ya’ think?
 SL375578
The garden gnomes are precious.  Don’t look too close, some are very cheeky (no pun intended).  I think the Christmas tree display is genius.  Such creativity….
SL375581
Every store is unique.  Inside is even better.
 SL375582
This lolly shop is almost par with Charlie’s Chocolate factory.  Forget your diet if you dare enter.
SL375583
The artists are fearless on Mt. Tamborine.
 SL375584
In every nook and cranny you will find inviting places to sit an relax along the “walk”.
SL375585 
I needed a rest and a little afternoon tea.
 SL375586-1
I explored each and every cafe, and then came upon this one.
Cafe
The paths from the front entrance give you a peek into the experience awaiting. SL375589
I decided to give it a go.  As I approached I was greeted by two very happy customers.  Aren’t they precious.  No matter what time of day, this restaurant always has patrons. Heeheehee.
 SL375591
While waiting for our snack to arrive, mini-me and I went on a garden expedition.  There were waterfalls tucked everywhere.
SL375592
The tables were set in their very own garden rooms along the path.
 SL375593
I felt like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
SL375594
No kidding, really; the path which was mostly brick wandered through a huge garden.  Over bridges, around corners, and everywhere you looked there was something special to see.
SL375595 
Mini-me led the way.  He loved it.  What a great way to occupy a littlie after a long day of shopping. 
 SL375598 
You should be wandering by now where the path led (besides to several private “garden rooms”)….
SL375599
To the lieu, of course.  A little bathroom to escape to should the need arise set far away from the main dining area.  When we finally made our way back to our garden table;
   SL375603
Afternoon tea had arrived.  An iced coffee for me and milk and cookie for mini-me.
SL375605
Now, how cute is this cookie?!?  It’s called a “smiley”.  We enjoyed our snack then made our way back to the car.  Our day had come to an end.
  Ahhhh…
But, wait!  My twinkling little eyes spotted one more shop to explore.  As I approached, I saw a funny little photo opportunity.
 SL375616
Yup, he’s a favorite customer.  No parking meter for him….
SL375617
And I was not disappointed.  This is the cutest of all shops.  You can see the entry display yells out “Welcome!”.   After a few purchases, I made my way home .
I love Mt. Tamborine.  It is highly recommended as a place of destination.
 
After I got home, all of the Christmas cheer on the mountain inspired me.
Christmas decorations
I made one of these using a chalkboard marker and glitter. (easy to wash off if I don’t like it next year).
Christmas decorations-1 Christmas decorations-3






Then I used these two items to make
Christmas decorations-4
a bauble wreath.  If you need a tutorial, let me know.  It’s easy as pie.
Christmas decorations-5
A little glue, glitter and a blue scrapbooking “jewel” glammed up this dull bauble.
I also made beautiful bows and a quick Christmas arrangement.  Click them to see the tutorials .

Happy Exploring!

Kimberly Signature

6 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Debbie said...

That does look like a very enchanting place to visit. I love the cobblestone roads. I will join your party:)

Debbie said...

I just realized I do not have a post though that is pertaining to your party:( I really do not have a favorite destination post.

Patti's Artful Design said...

Mt. Tamborine looks like a wonderful place to visit. Happy Holidays....Australian Kim! Thank you for stopping by and leaving that nice comment. I am going to become your follower, and I hope you do the same!

bev said...

I would join if I blogged! Instead, I'll just enjoy following your blog. Keep up what you are doing!

Wendy said...

It looks like a great place to visit. Thank you for taking so many fun photo's to share with us!

Biljana said...

Wow! So lovely place, thanks for sharing:))
Your wreath is so beautiful, bravo:))
Hugs, Biljana

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...