DIY Easy Overhead Lantern Light

It is Remembrance Day in Australia.  A day to remember and thank the men and women who serve our Commonwealth Countries.  Thank you!  Did you have a moment of silence at 11:00 a.m.?  I know that we did. 

It is also Veterans Day in America.  Wow!  I am proud to be an American and I want to thank the Veterans that have kept my family, my friends, my country and myself safe.  I hope you were able to attend one of the many parades in your honor.

As I was saying Thank you in Australia, I was also saying Thank you in America!  What great countries we live in and what great veterans we have!

Mini me has a recessed overhead light in his room.  For weeks now, I have been wanting to dress it up a little.  Boring isn’t it?

Lantern Light Cover

We are renting and a complete makeover is not an option.  However, this lantern was used during a recent party and I thought it might look cute.

Lantern Light Cover

Lantern Light Cover-6

 

 

 

 

 

 

                            Before                                                             After

Better, Huh?

How did I hang it, you ask?

Lantern Light Cover-1I took the inner cover off.

Lantern Light Cover-2 

  Hooked 3 inch lengths of wire on the inside metal hooks.

Lantern Light Cover-3Slid the cover back in place.

Lantern Light Cover-4 

Twisted the wires together to make a “hanger”.  I hung the lantern by the loop inside of it onto the twisted wire.

Lantern Light Cover-5 

Such a small change can make a big difference!  Did you notice the AM on his wall?  Find the tutorial for that here.

I am in the process of making a really beautiful lamp shade for the recessed light in the guest room.  Be sure and keep an eye out for that.

Do you have any problem lights in your home?  I would love to hear about them and how you have or plan to overcome them.

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...