DIY Cheeky Cheesy Etched Glass

Cheesy Jar

We luuuuuv Italian food around these parts.  Parmesan cheese is a staple in my house.  It is used in almost every dish!   As I was walking through the discount store; I picked up this little shaker jar for $1.50.  It needed a special touch – can you see the “Cheese”? 

Yup, I put that there and so can you!StickersI used these cheapo stickers.

Cheese on you Placed them on the jar.

BorderedTape off around the word.  I have found that electrical tape works great for this.  I know that most people use painter’s tape; but I like electrical for these projects.  There is no seep through as it is plastic.

Window EtchThe product that makes this all possible is Window Etch.  It is fantastic!

SL375076The best part; YES, it was only $3.00.  This is the reason I had it hanging around.  As I was browsing the craft store; I found this beauty in the paint department begging me to take it home.  I had no idea what I would ever do with it; but I was sure the time would come for me to figure it out and at $3.00 I couldn’t pass it up.  After I brought home my shaker jar, it hit me!  This is what that jar of window etch is for!

SL375078Apparently all I had to do was paint it on and let it dry.  How easy is that?!

After I removed the stickers and tape, there is a clear etch of the word “Cheese” on my jar.  I know the photo doesn’t really do it justice.  Sorry.  It is cute in person.

Cheese JarI have already started my wine glasses.  Can’t wait to share!  They are adorable too.

If you haven’t a jar of window etch, get one!  It is so easy and the uses are endless! 

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That looks so cute! So many ideas now, what fun gifts could be made with the etching.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...