Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Yesterday in my tutorial  How to Carve a Jack-O-Lantern

 JackI mentioned that  I would explain what to do with “inside” of the pumpkin.

Pumpkin insides

You roast the pumpkin seeds, of course!

Here’s how:

First, fill the bowl with water.  This helps you to separate the seeds from the stringy pumpkin bits.  Throw away the stringy parts.  All you want left are the seeds.

Rinse the seeds well and drain them (you might even want to pat them dry).

Rinse seeds

Return them to the cleaned bowl and season them.  You want to add about a tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper.  This year I am in a spicy mood so I added chili flakes. Yummm.  I thought about Tabasco sauce, but didn’t dare.  You can use any type of seasoning you want just be sure to toss well so all seeds are coated.

Season seeds

Cover a cookie sheet with baking paper and bake at 160º fan forced (350º Fahrenheit)  for about 25 minutes.

Baking paper

Be sure to stir them so that they bake evenly.  When they are done, they should be browned and crispy.

Bake

This healthy snack looks great served up in a goblet for Halloween.

By the way, these seeds were very HOT!  Taste at your own risk!

Wha ha ha !

What do you do with your pumpkin seeds?  Send me a recipe.  Would love to try it!

Kimberly Signature

2 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Bev said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Must give these a try.....they sound "interesting" and more to the point something to have as a snack that don't put the kilos/lbs on........
Good one!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...