Fashion and Melbourne Cup 2010…

hero-melbcup Today I am beginning to think of the Melbourne Cup.  Being from Texas, I knew nothing of the horse races; but since moving to Australia I have been thrown into the excitement of the year’s biggest bash!

Melbourne Cup 009

It didn’t hurt that I won the Melbourne Cup race (an outsider) when I was 6 months pregnant.  Ooohhh the pregnancy photos – yuck!

Melbourne Cup is not just for the die hard punters.  It is for ALL women (or men) who adore fashion, dressing up, and a great party!  I love this time of the year!

Melbourne Cup 009-1

Spring is in bloom, the horses are feisty, the smell of fresh cut grass is in the air and beauty is top on the list of any human within an ear’s shot of Australia. 

DIYers of the fashion industry are in top mode.  Spotlight is full of milliners, fashion artists, and seamstresses.

The costumes of Melbourne Cup almost outrank Halloween.  The fascinators and hats are a sign of status.  The dresses, purses and shoes are a statement all their own.

I have begun my yearly research in hopes of finding the perfect outfit.

Let me know what you think and I will be back with more as the time draws closer.

Mom in Australia 102

This fascinator reminds me of the one I made last year (I can not seem to find a photo!).

SL374360 Isn’t the blue in this dress gorgeous?  Anyone would feel beautiful wearing this frock.

 

SL374359 I love the feather!  Black and white is perfect for Derby Day.  The Roman style dress, or toga, is classic.

 

SL374361 The head piece on this outfit is one of my favorites.  The pant suit is so modern and stylish for a day at the track.  [ Do you hear the theme from Pretty Woman?  I do.]

 

SL374362 This dress is perfect!  The flowing skirt and black color is so slimming.  I love the white top; and the necklace, what can I say?  It finishes the dress beautifully!

I have so many more shops to visit!  Can not wait, but in the meantime….

Major diet and exercise are in my very near future!

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Bev said...

I remember last year and what fun it was. My hat was the best and the company was better!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...