Double, Double, Toil and Trouble…

Chef It is well and truly time to start decorating for Halloween! I love it!

Halloween marks the beginning of the holidays.  Melbourne Cup; Thanksgiving, Christmas and that’s just to name a few.

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves because…SL374077

I have to get the Halloween decorations up first.

I found this beautiful, spooky branch while walking on the broad water a few weeks ago.

SL373599

Of course, I painted it black.

SL374079

To display it, I placed it in a vase with my Halloween Chalkboard Rocks, decorated it with some skulls and then used contact paper to decorate the vase.

SL374082

Remember the contact paper wall writing?

SL374086-3

Mr. AK hates spiders!  He wasn’t too keen on the mouse crawling on the vase either….

Moo-Wha-Ha-Ha-Ha

SL374086-1

Even my gardenia that came home yesterday (don’t forget; it is springtime) got into the spirit.

SL374027

She will be replanted this weekend; until then – what a fright!

Hop on over to Hooked on Houses and The Nesting Place.  I will be linking up to the Fall Open House and Fantel Parties.

Hope to see you there!

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

very merry vintage style said...

I have a habit of painting things black too... how appropriate for Halloween! Love the idea with the branch... I am going to try your idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog; always fun to meet new bloggy friends. Australia sounds lovely...

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love how the black just makes it more 'spooky' I guess it's time for a few Halloween items here also.

the cape on the corner said...

love that branch! what a great idea to hang the skulls from it. looks great!

www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...