Best Ever Banana Bread

Banana Bread is one of my very favorite treats.  I have made this particular recipe for many, many years. It is always a hit and today I’m going to share it with you.SL373830 You can add nuts if you like, but when I have visitors, I use chocolate chips.

Ingredients

 

½ c. butter 1 ½ c. flour
1 c. sugar 1 tsp baking soda
4 bananas, mashed ½ tsp salt
2 eggs ½ tsp vanilla

 

 First I grease and flour my loaf pan. Everyone knows that you can use spray oil as “grease” when you flour a pan, right?

Grease and flour pan

Bananas

 

 You might notice in the ingredients photo, the bananas look like this.  I vacuum pack and freeze four ripe bananas whenever I have them available.  They will last forever in the freezer and make a quick and easy addition to this recipe.

 

After pre-heating the oven to 350° (160° fan forced Celsius), 

Eggs

I blend the first 4 ingredients by mixer then add the dry ingredients, alternating with the vanilla. 

SL373819 Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing.

pre mix When I made brownies, I mentioned how I like to store the dry ingredients to my favorite recipes for quick, easy access.  This is one of those recipes.  I store the ingredients in an airtight container, keep them in the pantry and then when I have a craving, I can quickly whip up one of my favorite treats.  Too easy!

 

 

After I put the batter in the loaf pan, I sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.SL373821

Bake for 60 minutes, and when a toothpick comes out clean, it’s done.   SL373829

 This recipe should serve 16, but in my home, the slices are a bit big.

Now, I know that the photos are blurry, I do apologize.  canon_eos_7d

My solution: this photo will be left by hubby’s shaving kit.

Think he’ll get the hint?  I hope so.

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Bev said...

I've had your banana bread and it is great. I use your recipe and because I love raisins I add those. This also makes a great homemade gift for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

This banana bread is nothing short of SENSATIONAL!!!
Is it okay to eat the whole loaf yourself??
Am eyeing off the next lot of banana's waiting for them to be "just right"
Yummy stuff!

AmericKim said...

@Anonymous

Thanks! It is okay to eat the whole loaf, after all bananas are healthy, right? ;)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...