DIY “PB” Chalkboard Rocks for Halloween

 
Halloween is just around the corner.
 
September 2, 2010 018
 
Over the last few years I have discovered that celebrating Halloween in Australia takes a little more effort than in America.
 
As I was browsing some of my favorite spots online; I came across the Pottery Barn catalog.  And guess what they had…
 
img61m
 
Chalkboard Rocks for Halloween, Fall, or any other occasion !
 
How cute are those?
 
I had to have some.  They are sooooo versatile!  I can use them year round! :)
 
One problem; no Pottery Barn in Australia and shipping would be very costly.
 
Only one choice left, I’ll make some, of course.
 
As I was on a phone call, I went on a scavenger hunt in my back yard.  I came up with some real beauties.
 
September 2, 2010 001I cleaned them and primed them.  Then I spray painted them with Chalkboard Paint. One coat is all it took.September 2, 2010 004
 
A little chalk, a few cute messages and Presto!
 
September 2, 2010 018
 
Chalkboard rocks for Halloween.
 
This project took me less than 15 minutes and cost me nothing at all (I had the paints on hand.)
 
Now the only problem I’ll have is making sure I look up when I walk instead of scanning for more fabulous rocks! 
 
Kimberly_Signature.png[2] 
 

I have added this post to:
 
 
The Shabby Nest


6 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Shanarun said...

Great idea! Make your own, I love it! We do have a lot of rocks in our yard, I hope I don't bump my head from looking down.... :)

Alisa said...

so love this idea! I think my boys and I will take on this project next week. Thanks!

Laurie said...

LOVE them! May have to make a few myself! TFS!

sportzmom said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to copy it!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Kim those are just too cute. You are very clever to make your own!

Debbie said...

How cute is that idea? I love it...I may have to add this to my spooky list!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...