American Brownie Recipe

SL373644

I love brownies.  This weekend when hubby asked me for something sweet to eat; I whipped these up.  I came across the recipe in Favorite Brand Name Cookie Collection well over a decade ago.  The original name is “Deep Dish Brownies”.  I have renamed my version that has a few tweeks to suit my family and the country I now live in.

SL373637

I know we all have our favorite brownie recipe (if we don’t, there are a million places we can buy them); but this is not only made with LOVE but they are truly divine and extremely easy to make. SL373636In fact we love them so much that I have, over the years, kept the dry ingredients pre measured in my pantry so I can easily pop these out in half the time.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup melted butter                                                                  3/4 cup flour

1 1/2 cup sugar                                                                           1/2 cup cocoa

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract                                                                1/2 tsp baking powder

3 eggs                                                                                        1/2 tsp salt

assortment of chips, nuts, candies (I have used candy corn, m&ms, etc.)

For variations to the recipe; you can add 1 cup peanut butter chips or semi sweet chocolate chips.SL373628

Butter

 

 

 

 

 

Blend butter, sugar and vanilla.          In Australia; 3/4 cup of butter equals to 150g.

SL373629 

Add eggs, stir well.

SL373633 SL373635

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gradually add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.SL373638

Beat until well blended.

SL373640

                                            

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Coat 8” square pan with non stick cooking spray.

SL373641

SL373642

 

 

      

Bake in pan at 350 (160 Celsius  for fan forced) for 40-45 minutes [you’ll notice, my pan is not square – use different size pans for different brownie textures (play around to find your family’s favorite).  For my recipe; I always put nuts, candies, and chocolate chips on top before baking]

SL373643

Test with toothpick.  When it comes out clean, remove from oven and cool on wire rack.  The photo is blurry (sorry) but that is a toothpick and it has come out clean.  I cut these into smaller squares; but this recipe makes 16 average size brownies in an 8” square pan.

SL373646

Cool, cut and enjoy!

These are referred to in Australia as “American Brownies”.   I don’t know why, my hubby says they have just always been called that. 

Hope you enjoy!

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Robyn said...

I'll have to try this recipe. My family & me are crazy about chocolate. What part of Texas are you from? I'm a Texas girl myself.

craftymamablog said...

These look amazing! I've found that adding melted chocolate to the batter makes them SO tasty, too! And it gives them a nice crackly crust on top.

Anonymous said...

These are great to use as giftes. You can put the mixture in a jar with the receipe on the jar and Waw La!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...