AFL Grand Final Party Tablecloth

Week 3 of the playoffs is finished!  The two final teams playing in the Grand Final are Collingwood and St. Kilda.  Mr. AmericKim is a huge fan of AFL, so we are having a Grand Final Party!   One problem; Grand Finals are this Saturday and I have been unable to find ANY theme decorations.
What does a DIY girl do?
Make her own, of course.
Today I made my tablecloth.  It is of the footy oval (well, this one is rectangle, just because, I liked it that way).SL373741 I shot down to Spotlight (our local fabric store) and purchased 2 meters of green felt.SL373729
It fit the table perfectly.SL373728
I took a white piece of chalk and drew the footy field boundaries.  Then I consulted Mr. AK and he made adjustments (he is, after all an ex-footy player so who am I to question?).SL373731
Once I was he was satisfied, I used 3D white fabric paint to trace over the top of the chalk marks.
Since I like a little color, I added “AFL” to the top of the 50 meter lines in red.
SL373743
Once dry, I wiped away the chalk marks and
Wa la!
I love it (wish the photos did it justice)!  It will be perfect.  I can’t wait to add the the little extras that will really set this cloth off!  More to come later this week!


What AFL Team do you think will win the Grand Final?

3 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Clever girl. That looks great!

Debbie said...

Well I sure hope so...looks great! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I finally figured out how to get my blog roll updated, so now I see your posts.

bev` said...

Kim, you have such good ideas.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...