Yellow Lilies

 

August 25, 2010 037

One thing AmericKim’s Home has always had is fresh flowers.

I covet my silk arrangements.  Don’t get me wrong.  I just believe that real flowers are a must as well.

August 25, 2010 034

Whenever I can, I like to cut the flowers directly from my yard.  I even cut blooming trees or bushes and use those.  Anything alive with a flower will work for me.

Tonight at the dinner table, Mr. AmericKim and I were pondering the amazement of this last batch of flowers I purchased.  He even mentioned that they were so perfect, they looked fake. 

August 25, 2010 034

If I’m going to purchase flowers; I like to find out when my market receives new batches.  I then show up on that day of the week so I can purchase the freshest.  I look for flowers that are mostly still buds (not yet opened).  I have also learned that the greener the leaves; the fresher the flowers.  These lilies have leaves that are the same color as my fake greenery.

August 25, 2010 035

Once home; I trim the lower leaves off, cut the flower stem on an angle under running water and put them directly in clean water.

I always keep real flowers on my kitchen table.  The fresh flowers last at least 2 full weeks and watching the buds open is like having Mother Nature visiting my kitchen.

August 25, 2010 036

I love it!

0 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...