Starbuck’s Caramel Macchiato


Being from Texas, the only good coffee shop we have is Starbuck’s.  And boy, do I love my Starbuck’s!
August 29, 2010 033
About eight years ago, I scored the explanation from a local Starbucks barista on how to make the perfect macchiato.  When I made these at dinner parties; my guests actually swore that my macchiato is better than the store bought one. Yes, swollen head….
Here’s how I do it.
August 29, 2010 020
Supplies:  Caramel topping; Vanilla syrup; Milk; Coffee
August 29, 2010 022 
To make the espresso you must be sure to tap the grounds firmly into the pot.
August 29, 2010 031
Then brew the espresso.  Be careful not to make it bitter (the directions on your espresso machine will tell you how long to pull).
August 29, 2010 021
In the metal jug, add milk to a little less than 1/2 full.  To the milk add vanilla syrup to taste (about 1 1/2 teaspoon).
August 29, 2010 029
Froth the milk.
Add the frothed milk to a coffee mug, add caramel syrup (about 2 1/2 teaspoons) and 2 shots of espresso.  Stir then decorate with caramel.
August 29, 2010 035
Enjoy!
What is your favorite coffee?

1 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

craftymamablog said...

I will most definitely be trying this! I don't have vanilla syrup though, so I might have to find a substitute.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...