Children's Wall Letters

I love the look of the large wall letters that are displayed in so many childrens' rooms these days.  A few weeks ago I was on a mission to create this look with my little bub's initials, "AM".


Cute, huh?

You can purchase these letters in local stores, however they are pretty generic (usually white) and can be quite expensive.

I wanted these letters to demonstrate Anthony's love of all things "transportation" while leaving plenty of money in the bank for more important things (like new shoes for his ever growing feet).

Spotlight (the closest craft store), here we come.....They even have the letters displayed on the wall for inspiration.

I couldn't wait to get started.

First step:  I painted the entire letter in dark blue, gloss paint.  I love how the can of paint says "can do".  It must be an omen that this is the way it's done.

Second step:  I used Craftworks spray adhesive to spray the "right" side of the letter.  I then placed the glued side of the letter on the "wrong" side of the scrapbook paper I had chosen.  I turned the letter over and pressed across the entire surface to ensure it was firmly glued without any air bubbles.  Once satisfied with my gluing efforts, I flipped the letter back over so that the paper was down with the "wrong" sides facing up at me.


Third step:  I used a sheet rock knife (known in Australia as a "Stanley knife") to cut the paper along the sides of the letter.  Once the letter was free of the paper, I turned it over and used the razor to clean up around the tight corners (such as the inside of the "M")



These are almost perfect enough to hang as is, however, I have some leftover paint from Anthony's table I recently refurbished. 

Fourth step: I cut a small square off of a kitchen sponge.  I dampened the square with water and dipped it in the acrylic paint.  I dabbed the paint on the plate to make sure there wasn't too much on the sponge, then lightly pressed the sponge around the edges and sides of each letter.

Once dry, I placed picture hangers on the backside of the letters and hung them on the wall with clear adhesive hooks.



Tonight, while I was cuddling him above his bed, the little fellow looked at the letter "M" and said "Broom, broom" (he's just 16 months old).  My mother pride shined just a little.


Linking up to:
 
th_DSCF63832
 
DIY_Blog_button


7 Comments - Click Here! Love to Hear from You.:

Anonymous said...

" welcome :)
www.al-islam.com
http://www.tvquran.com
www.islam-guide.com
www.islamhouse.com
www.islamtomorrow.com

Anonymous said...

This post is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

Stop by my web blog: elektronisk cigaret

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and all. However just imagine if
you added some great images or video clips to give
your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this website
could undeniably be one of the greatest in its field.

Fantastic blog!

Also visit my blog vape ecigs

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some other great post. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal means
of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look
for such information.

my page; vaping ecigs

Anonymous said...

What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anyplace, when i read this piece of writing i thought i could also make comment due to this good piece of writing.

Feel free to surf to my web site ... quit smoking fag

Anonymous said...

This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and
more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Also visit my website e-cig

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for
your further write ups thanks once again.

Look into my webpage :: el cigaret - en.netlog.com -

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Please leave me a message and I will strive to reply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...